It was prompt, efficient, and they came out to do a training session.
Wheelchair lifts are devices to lift people in wheelchairs up a flight of steps or even a single step. The wheelchair lift is an affordable solution because they are less expensive than elevators and more appealing than a wheelchair ramp. Wheelchair lifts are also used in wheelchair accessible vans and other vehicles.
- The benefits of wheelchair lifts are clear:
- They eliminate the need to lift the wheelchair and place it into a vehicle or onto a higher or lower plane.
- The individual simply pulls up the wheelchair to the platform of the lift and be lifted up or down. Then just needs to pull away when finished!
- Wheelchair lifts are convenient and provide greater freedom of mobility.
- Wheelchair lifts can be installed inside or outside the house.
- They do not take up much space, are quiet, and comfortable.
- Wheelchair lifts can generally rise up to 23 feet and carry up to 350 pounds, but they can be designed to carry more weight.
Wheelchair lifts come in automatic and semi-automatic versions. In an automatic wheelchair lift, a switch takes care of the lift’s folding, unfolding, lowering and raising. In a semi-automatic wheelchair lift one needs to manually fold and unfold the platform. Electric wheelchair lifts can be custom-fitted with telephone jacks and automatic door openers.
As more disabled Americans have the ability to become more mobile, thanks to the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) of 1990, wheelchair lifts will become more common.
Jonathan's Son, Inc is pleased to offer Savaria, EZ-Access, and Mac's Lift Wheelchair Lifts for their clients. The wheelchair lift manufacturers provide residential and commercial models that can provide a safe and reliable means to provide easier access to your home or business.
Look through the various models to find one that meets your needs and design.