They're very helpful, and they're good at installing the equipment.
ROBY STAIR CLIMBER
The Roby allows wheelchair users barrier free access to areas not serviced by a conventional accessibility device. Ascending and descending stairs can be accomplished with relative ease and complete safety thanks to a powerful motorized electronic traction control system.
QUICK TO SECURE
Batttery powered and portable, the Roby adapts to most manual wheelchairs and is suitable for use both on outdoor as well as indoor stairways.
Exceptional Standard Features* Attaches to most standard adult or pediatric manual wheelchairs
* Transports wheelchair users up or down stairs
* Powerful enough to ascend approximately 23 floors fully loaded on a single charge
* Electronic traction control
* Manual emergency device permits safe decent in case of a dead battery
* High friction track ensures secure contact without marring floor
* 2 piece design easily disassembles for transporting to alternate locations
* Use on any indoor or outdoor straight stairway even on turnback stairway
designs with a flat intermediate landing
* Keyed operation restricts use to authorized operators
* Electronic battery charger and charge indicator
* Secures easily to the wheelchair
* Designed for safety with a built-in obstruction sensor.
# 285 lb / 130 kg capacity
# Battery charger power supply; 115 VAC
# 102 lb / 46 kg total weight, 80 lb / 36 kg drive unit including batteries
22 lb / 10 kg steering bar
# Travel speed; 16’ / 5 m per minute ascend or descend, loaded or unloaded
# ABS control panel on steering bar with battery charge indicator, slope indicator, emergency stop button and operators key
# Maximum stair angle; 35°